Answered

What power adaptor for Sonos Arc/Sub Gen 3/One SL

• 21 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I have a Sonos Arc/Sub 3/One SL system and they all came with EU power plugs. However here in Cyprus we have Type G power sockets (same as in UK). I would like to use power adaptors to connect, what ampere rating should I look for? Cyprus operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 21 May 2023, 21:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

The Sonos devices are auto-adjusting. I’d recommend either a simple plug adapter (no internal electronics), or a purchase of the appropriately terminated cords from the Sonos store at www.Sonos.com.

Badge +4

The Sonos devices are auto-adjusting. I’d recommend either a simple plug adapter (no internal electronics), or a purchase of the appropriately terminated cords from the Sonos store at www.Sonos.com.

I can only purchase the Sonos UK power plugs from the UK website but that doesn’t ship to Cyprus. 

Will a 2.5A adapter do? What do you mean exactly by a simple plug adapter with no electronics?

I have a few of these that I can use but I want to be sure first

Poka EA1410 2.5AMP Socket Adaptor (homemarket.com.cy)

No, you don’t need to ‘adapt’ the electricity. A simple plug changer would work. Something like this, although I’m somewhat hampered in showing you the exact appropriate device…

https://www.amazon.com/Socket-Adapter-Europe-Charger-Converter/dp/B084GBXJFT/ref=sr_1_8?crid=31TJ2CCLKP5WP&keywords=plug+adapter&qid=1684694108&sprefix=Plug+ada%2Caps%2C222&sr=8-8

You’re not changing the electrical supply to the Sonos in any way, you just want to be able to plug in to the wall. 

Oh, yes, I looked at your link, those should work. 

Badge +4

Oh, yes, I looked at your link, those should work. 

Probably adaptor is the wrong word? I just want to plug in to the wall as you say.

Cyprus has 230V voltage. If the Sonos devices use less than 690W i would assume the 3A adaptor is ok. Do we know the power rating of the Sonos devices in Watts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As @Airgetlam says, the Sonos devices switch to different power internally. That does not even matter because Cyprus and EU are both 230v, only the connector is different. You do not need to adapt the power, just the connector. The device you linked to will work fine.