Answered

Using two Sonos Era 100 speakers in different rooms without stereo pairing

• 24 September 2023
  • 8 replies

How can I use two Era 100 speakers in two separate rooms (kitchen and family room) together but without stereo pairing ?

icon

Best answer by ratty 24 September 2023, 18:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Set them up as two rooms, and then group them? 

“Group” is apparently only an option for 3 or more rooms.  I only have 2 rooms but I’d prefer not to stereo pair the speakers

“Group” is apparently only an option for 3 or more rooms. 

That’s only for defining a saved group to use as a ‘macro’ when selecting rooms to group. With just two rooms the ‘Everywhere’ button suffices. 

Here’s what you need: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

I am not able to get to the “Everywhere” button because the “Groups” option is greyed out.  When I try to click on it on the S2 app, I continue to get the error message : “This feature is available on systems with three or more rooms”.  Is there another way to get to the “Everywhere” option ?

I was able to group the two speakers manually using the buttons on the speaker itself. Thanks

I am not able to get to the “Everywhere” button because the “Groups” option is greyed out.

The ‘Everywhere’ button is on the grouping popup, as displayed top right in the article I linked. 

Like I say, the saved groups option in Settings is irrelevant unless one has more than two rooms. 

I was able to group the two speakers manually using the buttons on the speaker itself. Thanks

The Groups setting is for creating Groups, not utilizing them, which is why it is greyed out for systems that only have two rooms.  This is how you Group:

Thanks for the help !