Skip to main content

I have spent thousands euros in sonos components both for home and office.

Both environments play under high speed network.

I’m used to listen to deezer favourites tracks (2300 songs) in a group of two/three rooms.

There is always a problem: if electric power is down for a while any reasons, Sonos forgets everythings, the room groups, the playing playlist, all. You need to group again the rooms, select the playlist and so on.

If this was not enough, most of the time, no, all the time, sonos skips tracks with som error (incorrect encoding or network not responding).

When I try to ask support the solution is always, always, please try disconnecting the router, keep disconnect then restart. 

Not even windows at his best had so useless solutions.

A power off is always going to cause rooms to ungroup, nothing can be done about that.  However the other problems are classic symptoms of duplicate IP addresses resulting from the router losing table assignments due to the power loss and then handing out IP addresses which are already in use. These will cause sporadic connections, disappearing components, etc. To solve, reboot/power cycle each of these in order:

Modem
Router
Hubs or switches
Wired Sonos components
Wireless Sonos components
Computers, printers
Phones, tablets, all other wireless devices

Note you can prevent duplicate IP addresses by reserving a permanent IP for each Sonos unit in your router setup. See your router manual for details.

Perhaps use Alexa enabled groups, SVC or the Soro iOS shortcuts plugin App to regroup your Sonos rooms and play a chosen playlist. 

Audio dropouts very rarely have anything to do with the speed of the local network - maybe see if this link (below) may help… and/or try using a different Sonos group co-ordinator too.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286

A power off is always going to cause rooms to ungroup, nothing can be done about that.  However the other problems are classic symptoms of duplicate IP addresses

1. It could be extremely easy to store last used group/playlist/track
  2. I can try to reserve ip address to see if that changes

Please note that their last response was: if you have a playlist with more than 500 songs you will have problems……..

1. It could be extremely easy to store last used group/playlist/track
  2. I can try to reserve ip address to see if that changes

Please note that their last response was: if you have a playlist with more than 500 songs you will have problems……..

The 500 track playlist referred to is likely a ‘music service’ playlist limitation - it has little, or no bearing on the tracks that are held in a speaker queue… I can load 23,000 plus tracks to a queue, but some music services have their own limitations when it comes to individual playlists. The queue listing though can far exceed that limit.