Answered

Unknown Alarm Source

• 13 February 2024
  • 1 reply

My beam has an alarm with a radio station playing every weekday at 6am. I’m sure that I set up the alarm using my iphone a long time ago but I’m unable to determine which app or platform I set it up with and so I can’t turn it off. I’ve checked the Sonos app, google assistant, Alexa, Siri, the radio station app and I’ve turned off every alarm I could find on my iphone but it still plays the same radio station every weekday at 6am.

I don’t think it’s an issue with Sonos but I’m wondering if it’s possible to determine the source of the alarm through a diagnostic or by other means.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 February 2024, 16:51

View original

1 reply

That’s hard, as there’s no real way to tell that I’m aware of, without involving Sonos. Since they’re the ones who can look at details in a diagnostic submission and see where the ‘play’ command came from….us mere mortals aren’t allowed to see that information ;)

On the other hand, there should be relatively few places that an alarm might have been set up. Usually, if it wasn’t in the Sonos app itself, it would have been in a third party home control app like Apple’s HomeKit or the like. Something that allows you to direct the Sonos system as an output.