Answered

Unable to use Sonos S2 with a Play 3

• 1 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Dear community members

I’m new to this forum, please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong place.

I’m using a Play 3 system on a Windows desktop.

My question is: Is a Play 3 system compatible with the S2 Controller?

If you need any additional information, let me know and I’ll try to provide it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Yours Sincerely

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 March 2022, 17:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes it is.  But you can’t set it up with a desktop controller (if that is what you are trying to do). You need a mobile device.

Yes it is.  But you can’t set it up with a desktop controller (if that is what you are trying to do). You need a mobile device.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your quick reply.

So that means I need to install the Sonos-app on my Smartphone?

Would you advise that option instead of using the controller on my desktop?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Yours Sincerely

This may assist too perhaps? …See these mobile Sonos controller App requirements here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4875

I certainly use S2 on my PLAY:3s, but as @John B suggests, you do need to set them up on a mobile controller first. I happened to use an iPhone, but an Android device works equally well. Once they’re set up, you can certainly use the windows controller to send them commands to play music. You can connect more than one controller at a time, so it’s not just mobile or Windows, it’s mobile and Windows, since the controller is merely a remote control, talking to the Sonos system that runs on the computers in the speakers.