Answered

unable to register Era 100

Go to register, input email, and get to the press the buttons on the top, which is where everything stops.

Any help?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 10 April 2023, 14:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Masterson's, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d recommend rebooting your router and your phone by powering them off for around 30 seconds to a minute. This will refresh the connection between these devices and can help with the issue you’re experiencing.

After you’re performed a reboot, please attempt to setup your Era 100 again. 

I hope this helps!

Hello @Jamie A I seem to have the same problem.  I’ve done what you suggested above.  It feels like those two buttons are not working, so at the moment I cannot register my new Era 100.  I get to the exact same point as the user who noted this issue.  please can you help?  Thanks Palls

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Palls,

If the steps in my previous post aren’t working for you, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team to troubleshoot the issue with them.

I hope this information helps!

I am stuck on this as well the era won’t do anything even after resets. Is this a hardware issue? What is the fix?

What did Sonos support say, when you reached out to them? 

Same exact problem. Brand new speakers that don’t work. My app says to press the >|| button. It acts like the button is dead. “ we did not detect a button press” VERY FRUSTRATING.

I figured it out. I was connected to my guest network which doesn’t allow devices to talk to each other over wifi. I rebooted and deleted and reinstalled the app and switched to the regular network and everything works! Sounds great!

I am having the same problem with a new Era 100. It will not join my WIFI.

I’m having the same issue with both of my Era 100 speakers.  Once they finally connect you can not move them at all.  It’s a nightmare to get them to reconnect with the Sonos App.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@JonK9 You posted twice and already got some answers here: 

I have resisted buying Sonos for years.  I finally succumbed.   Out of the box, my Era 100s don’t connect to the system.  I got stuck on the system not registered error others reported.  After multiple attempts, giving up.  Will try one more time tomorrow, and if that is unsuccessful, will return the speakers.

You may want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. It’s liable to be something simple.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

I figured out that the app wasn’t connecting because I had a VPN on my phone.  Shut that off and was able to do setup.  Maybe add a note about VPN in the app error message?  Would have saved me a couple of hours...

I can confirm that when i turned off VPN on my phone, i was able to install the speakers with minimal issues. Thank you.