Question

Unable to link Sonos to the app

My Sony tv unable to play any sound on the sonos Beam. I have tried changing the HDMI cable, made sure that its connected to ARC. But the new app is not letting me link to the Bravia SYNC

I have now reset my whole sonos system consist of 2 sonos one SL, a sub mini and a beam. But the new app is not letting me Link my sonos devices to the app

each system gives different error as attached

”There was a problem adding your Beam to your system. Try again later.”

“Your Sonos One SL has been added, but may not appear in the System tab. If so, unplug the power cord and plug it back in to finish setup from the System tab.”

Sign in as the System Owner The system owner must be logged in.

Please log out and have the owner login.”

i in-fact am the system owner and the product is registered on my account

am i just supposed to wait until sonos fix its app to use my system ????

please help

7 replies

Same problem here!

I had a similar issue with a sub gen 3 yesterday, everything setup, but it would fail to link to the account, now today, trying to add a beam, exactly the same issue. The sub eventually worked, so hoping the beam will with a few tries

Badge

This worked for me

Go to Account in the Sonos app and sign out. Then turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone. Then turn Wi-Fi back on. Go to Sonos app and go to account and sign in. Then click Gears. Click on the speaker and follow the prompts.

Trying from the iPad app (also updated version) worked the first time for me with regard to the account linking issue

Badge

This worked for me

Go to Account in the Sonos app and sign out. Then turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone. Then turn Wi-Fi back on. Go to Sonos app and go to account and sign in. Then click Gears. Click on the speaker and follow the prompts.

I had the same issue with a new One SL for three days. I even deleted and reinstalled the app. But when I followed these instructions, it added my speaker to my account! Thanks for posting!

This worked for me

Brilliant, thanks. This just worked for me. 

Genius!  You may have saved thousands of lives!