Answered

Unable to connect via Airplay(Sonos Arc+Sub)

• 19 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I bought the Sonos Arc and Sub from Costco yesterday.

Everything works fine except the AirPlay. My network equipment is Unifi UDM pro + AP. I tried both wired and wireless (2.4G), restarting both the iPhone and Sonos Arc a few times, and tried iPad. iPhone with iOS 16, iPhone with iOS 17 and MacBook. None of them works. I don't have Apple TV to test AirPlay 2, but I can AirPlay from my phone to my MacBook. Whenever I tried to AirPlay to the Sonos, I immediately got the "unable to connect family room" error. How can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by joeliai 21 November 2023, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @joeliai 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try applying the following settings to your UniFi system:

1. Log into the UniFi controller.

2. In the Settings tab, click WiFi

3. Click WiFi under the Settings page

4. Click on the network SSID. Note: if there are multiple SSIDs that the players and controllers connect to, the same will need to be done for each SSID. image.png
  5. Scroll down to Advanced Configuration and set it to Manual

6. Scroll down to Multicast Management and click on Show Options image.png
  7. Disable the following options by unchecking the Enable option:

1. Multicast and Broadcast Control (blocks all multicast and broadcast for non-listed devices).

2. Multicast Enhancement (converts multicast to unicast when possible).

3. Client Device Isolation (prevents wireless client on the same AP from communicating with each other).

4. Proxy ARP (converts broadcast to unicast when possible). image.png

8. Click on the Apply Changes button at the bottom of the page.

9. Once completed, allow up to a minute for the AP to provision (apply the settings) and restore online connection, then proceed to rebooting the Sonos Players.

Note that the pictures may be a little out of date, but you should get the general idea.

If that does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, and for some in-depth troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

Did a remote diagnosis with Sonos and confirmed its hardware failure. Getting a replacement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @joeliai 

Glad to hear it - thanks for updating the thread!

Did a remote diagnosis with Sonos and confirmed its hardware failure. Getting a replacement.

did you get new speaker? does airplay work on new speaker. were you able to play via the sonos app on old speaker?