Answered

Unable to connect Sonos One to Wifi Group or App

• 6 February 2024
  • 3 replies

We have two Sonos One SL speakers in our salon which we’ve had for nearly 3 years now. Both are on wall brackets set high up. We recently had some bad storms which knocked out power for a few hours. Since then, I have been unable to get the speakers working. I have followed all the recommended steps including restarting the router, factory reset of the speakers, uninstalling the app and even setting up a new group. 

When I factory reset the speakers, the app finds them and takes me through all the setup. Once it says it’s added the speakers, I look but no speakers and the app is suddenly unable to find them. Once or twice it’s found the speakers but says they are not registered and wants to take me through the factory reset process again.

What am I doing wrong? They used to work fine, now they either don’t recognise the wifi group or the app or both.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 9 February 2024, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

First, don’t Factory Reset without further consult.

Describe your network for us. What is wired? Wireless? Router Model? Are there any network switches?

We have a NetComm wireless router NF18MESH. No Switches. The salon cameras and security uses the same router. We are unable to connect the speaker to the router by LAN as they are in separate rooms and the power for the speakers has been incorporated through the walls to the speaker brackets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @HairbyNicole, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Looking into your system, I can see that both speakers are showing as online. Generally when the speakers are connected but the app isn’t showing your system, it means that the controller is connecting to a different access point that your system or that your controller is being blocked from seeing Sonos in some way, either by the router or through software/settings on the controller.

Do you have any additional networking equipment, such as wireless extenders or access points, or just the NetComm router? If you do, are you able to temporarily power them down to test if you can connect? I’d also recommend trying a different controller if you haven’t already.

I hope this information helps!