Skip to main content

Hi,

I got a PLAY1 from a family member which had always worked good and did when I got it.

Fast forward when I brought it home I was trying to factory reset it, but that does not work. The orange light just keeps blinking and it’s doing that for a couple of hours.

When I try to configure it without a factory reset, the PLAY1 is visible in the Sonos app and I connect to it’s own WIFI, but when a sound is going to play on the PLAY1 to move forward in the installation, it does not play it. The second configure way of pressing that PLAY-PAUSE button does nothing aswell. I've tried setting it up both with iPhone and Andriod phones.

What do you think may be the issue? It would be sad to not be able to use this speaker..

Thanks

It could be that there is some sort of fault condition with this particular device, that is blocking its ability to complete the factory reset. Unfortunately, now that you’ve gone down that path, there isn’t much this community can do, other than suggest that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. 

Try with Ethernet cable connected temporarily. 

Try with Ethernet cable connected temporarily. 

Is it possible to switch to Wi-Fi connected afterwards? I do not want this one on Ethernet. I only have this sonos device.

Sometimes a cable helps with initial setup, but you should be able to switch to wifi afterwards.