Skip to main content

I am rebooting my router 2 x a week minimum to find the speakers.   Never needs an update, just a pos.  Anyone know how to make this more reliable?

Most likely your router is handing the Sonos duplicate IP addresses. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power before rebooting the router, and wait a couple of minutes after rebooting it before you plug back in the Sonos devices.

If that fixes the issue, look in to how to assign reserved IP addresses for all your Sonos (and any other ‘permanent’ device you have on the network). Any router that loses its place in the DHCP table once can lose it again, reserving IP addresses can help avoid this issue in the future. 

If that doesn’t work, then it’s likely wifi interference of some type, but it would likely be best if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks.   I bought the boost to stop the issues and it got worse.  I will call them again on Monday, but may just sell it to someone and buy a cheap system that works.

Buying a BOOST and installing it would have no impact on my first suggested issue, and likely little impact on my second. 

If you choose to sell your Sonos devices, I think you’ll find residual prices to be high. I would recommend staying away from any networked devices, though.

Thanks, someone should tell Sonos that the boost won’t fix it.  Guess I get to;). 

Sometimes a BOOST can help, but it all depends on what issue is needing to be addressed. As a guess, there may have been some miscommunication or misunderstanding of your situation.