Skip to main content

I have tow of the Play:1 as indoor speakers and a Connect:Amp for outdoors with speakers hardwired to this. 

I am trying to get podcasts to play on the Sonos using airplay.

I go to podcasts (not on Sonos app) and try to airplay, the Sonos systems are not showing up.  I am on the same network so it is not a network issue.

If I look for podcasts on the Sonos app I do not see the podcasts from my iPhone (most recent model, fully up to date) listed.

After doing some reading I think I might have to factory reset all speakers to get them to be recognized.  But before I did this I wanted to see if anyone has other suggestions. 

I am open to other suggestions on how to play podcasts from an iPhone, my wife wants the easiest way possible. 

The PLAY:1 is not AirPlay 2 capable. The electronics for that were introduced with the Sonos One. You could potentially group your PLAY:1s with another AirPlay 2 capable Sonos speaker, something I do fairly often. 

Oops, missed the CONNECT:AMP, also designed and created long before AirPlay 2 was implemented by Apple. 

I think your least expensive option is a Sonos Roam, which can be an AirPlay 2 target, and be grouped with the rest of your Sonos devices. 

The Roam will only do S2. Is your system S1 or S2 - most Connect:amps are S1 only.