Answered

Speakers disappeared

Badge +1

Yesterday, my “Family Room” speakers and TV disappeared from my Sonos app.  Before shutting down Sonos, I was not able to select the TV and turn-off the speakers.  Now on the TV, I don’t have sound as the TV can’t find the speakers.  Can anyone help me with this problem?  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 June 2023, 12:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Try restarting your router and Sonos device one by one.

How do you turn off Sonos speakers with your TV? They are meant to be always on?

Badge +1

Hi thanks for helping!

Yesterday, I tried restarting the router by unplugging the Sonos wire, but nothing seemed to reset.  I might need some more help with that.

When shutting down Sonos, I select the TV and uncheck the Family Room speakers.  Then when I turn on the TV, it can find the speakers.  But, I couldn’t do that yesterday.    

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Turn off the power to all speakers and your router. Wait a few minutes and then power up the router. When iff to is fully restarted and wifi is running, power up your Sonos devices, one at a time, waiting for each to have fully restarted before doing the next. Start with any wired speakers, then Arc or soundbar before Sub or any surrounds. 

Badge +1

I have to shut-down my PC, since it’s connected to the router.  The speakers are wireless through the router.  Is there an easy way to turn off power to the router as there are many plugs going into it?  I’ve never done this before.  Thank you.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have to shut-down my PC, since it’s connected to the router.  The speakers are wireless through the router.  Is there an easy way to turn off power to the router as there are many plugs going into it?  I’ve never done this before.  Thank you.  

The “plugs” into the router are probably Ethernet cables. They can stay connected. You need the power cable, which is likely plugged into a wall socket or possibly a power strip. 

Badge +1

I was able to unplug the power cord from the router, but not the wall.  Will that work?  The router is now back on.  

Badge +1

I opened the Sonos app on my tablet, but nothing has changed.  Sill no Family Room speakers or TV option.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Did you also power off your Sonos speakers, as per original advice? Or just do the router?

Badge +1

I unplugged the Sonos them from the router.  I don’t know how else do that since they are wireless?

Badge +1

There are speaker amps under the TV, one for each of the two rooms.  Is that what I should have unplugged?  I really appreciate your help with this as I’ve never done this before.  Thank you.

Badge +1

Ok, I repeated all power down to speakers and router, powered up the router, speakers and then the Sonos device, one at a time.  No change.  The TV and Family Room speaker still do not display in Sonos.  Do I wait until Monday morning to call Sonos?  Thank you.

the exact same thing happened to me, suddenly my living room is gone and so are my front, speaker, sub and 2 rear speaker, i think the sonos app is having issues, my play 5 which is just a single speaker still shows

Badge +1

So far, no resolution for you?

no resolution, from what i can tell there is an issue where the s1 app is not connecting to sonos, the s1 app is not working on andorid or windows hopefully sonos will fix the connection issue soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Stef 11 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - I can see your system is currently online, so the reason you are unable to connect the app will be due to local conditions.

I hope this helps.

@dsjk100 I recommend you get in touch too.