Answered

Speakers disappear

• 21 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Each time, I or my wife open the app we get different rooms showing up, most of the time one of our 4 speakers disappear.

we have 2 Play 1’s a Play 3 - all older and a TV speaker think it’s a boom.

We are using the latest app and it’s not like they are. not connected as if you shut down and restart the app they reappear but it’s so frustrating. 

Any idea why this is happening??

If have rebooted the speakers, removed and reattached them to the app and it works for a few days and then they start to disappear again - nothing seems to be a long term fix.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 March 2023, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to wire any of the speakers directly to your router with an ethernet cable?

Userlevel 2

only one of them, the others are too far away.

but that one, the one that keeps disappearing is next to the router.

My wifi is strong and would be concerned if that was the problem.

Userlevel 7

Wire the speaker closest to the router with an ethernet cable. Than wait a few minutes for the other speakers to connect to SonosNet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sherbett 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Wire the speaker closest to the router with an ethernet cable. Than wait a few minutes for the other speakers to connect to SonosNet.

In addition to following @GuitarSuperstar’s advice to ethernet-wire a speaker to the router, I also highly recommend you keep that speaker at least 1m (3 feet) away from the router, as well as keeping any other WiFi devices or smart-home hubs 1m away from both the speaker and the router.

I hope this helps.