Answered

Sonos USB-C Adapter Issues

• 31 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos USB-C adapter for line in audio sources but when I plug it in only the “Line-In (L)” component connects. The “Line-In (R)” component never does. 

This happens after trying a number of different RCA leads with a number of different sources.

The audio still comes through both speakers but presumably in monaural and the right speaker constantly drops out.

I’ve tried rebooting the system, rebooting the app etc.

Is my Sonos USB-C line adapter faulty? Is it something to do with the app?

EDIT: So 1) I figured out that the “Line-In (L)/(R)” indicator probably refers to which speaker the adapter is physically plugged into, not whether the speakers are “virtually” connected to the Line input or not. 2) The issue seems to be with the Stereo pair not communicating properly, or an issue with the router causing dropouts and then the Right speaker to stop outputting sound altogether, not with the adapter. Probably best to totally reset the speakers when they start doing that...

icon

Best answer by Zielwolf 1 January 2024, 04:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Under the Line-In settings, try changing the Audio Delay to Max. 

Thanks, the delay is already set to maximum.

It's fixed now, the fix is to reboot the system (speakers and router) until the Stereo pair is properly synched.