Answered

Sonos Play3 will not connect to S2 app

• 24 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos system that I bought a long time ago, but I Play 1, sub, bar and boost that I have enjoy using for a long time. My dad's friend gave me his old Play 3 that he haven't used for awhile. I tried to reset the Play 3 and add to my system but the Sonos app keeps giving me a warning that the app can't connect to the Play 3 and to contact customer service.

I looked up YouTube videos and read that I need to factory reset the speaker than add it. I tried the methods by unplugging, holding down the "mute" button and then plug it back in and wait till the Led turns Amber then green.

Well, the speaker LED turns Amber than flash white and the mute button flashes green. I never see the LED flash green. I also tried holding down the volume up + mute button and all I get is the Amber LED and a flashing white LED and flashing Green mute button. Still can't add the Play 3 to my system.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 December 2022, 17:51

View original

5 replies

I am assuming you’ve read and acted on the information in the LED states FAQ? And that you’ve wired that PLAY:3 temporarily to your router with an Ethernet cable?

If that PLAY:3 has not received a software update in a long time, it’s possible the current update process won’t work. You may need to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They will crate an appropriate update file and point you to it to get that device ‘current’

Hi yes I tried that and also plugged it in to the router directly. It seems the firmware is out of date and I need to upload it directly. I called Sonos Tech Support twice asking how to update the firmware and got disconnected on hold. The second time there was so much background noise of people talking and laughing on the Sonos tech support end that I could not hear a single word the tech support was saying.

I can see the Play3 getting an IP on my router and I can log into the IP address to review the status. 

Then I’d keep calling Sonos support. No one in this community has the ability to create that file that you need to get the PLAY:3 updated.

I had s2 and i have 3 s and they play 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Not sure I understand your post.