Answered

Sonos Play:1 stopped connecting wifi

• 14 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I purchased this abought 6 or 7 years ago because of the sound.  I totally regret it because of the frequent Wi-Fi drops and problems reconnecting.  But it always eventually reconnected after screwing with it 30  or 40 minutes. So the other night when I was sleeping, I play white noise over it, it disconnected and will not reconnect with all the usual tricks.  I did connect it to a LAN line and it then connected, but as soon I as I disconnected it to put it back in my bedroom on Wi-Fi, it again would not connect.  I read on here about updates that were not supported by the Play:1, what do I do?   I’m about to smash this thing.   

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 August 2022, 01:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Try adding the local WiFi credentials to the speaker again - this support document explains what you need to do and see if that resolves your issue…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061

If the problem still persists after that, I would submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App, whilst the speaker is wired and visible in the Sonos App

Make a note of the reference generated.

Then, when available, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to resolve the issue.