Answered

sonos play 1 not connecting to surround despite being connected via ethernet.

My sonos play 1 will not connect to the system as a surround despite connecting via ethernet and doing factory reset? Any suggestions welcome...

icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 January 2023, 19:38

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You need 2 to set them up as surrounds, and of course a Ray/Beam/Arc. What is your configuration? Do you get any error messages?

My sonos play 1 will not connect to the system as a surround despite connecting via ethernet and doing factory reset? Any suggestions welcome...

If you turned off WiFi on the soundbar because it’s connect via Ethernet, you need to turn it back on.  WiFi needs to be enabled for the private 5GHz connection to the surrounds.

Hi i have an arc connected by ethernet and sub connected to the arc (connected yesterday), sub is by WiFi.  The play 1s were previously connected to a playbar as surround speakers (via wifi) now they will not connect at all within sonos app. Hope that helps, driving me mental :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In what way will they “they will not connect at all”? What error message? Are they still on the same system as the Playbar? 

Hi i have an arc connected by ethernet and sub connected to the arc (connected yesterday), sub is by WiFi.  The play 1s were previously connected to a playbar as surround speakers (via wifi) now they will not connect at all within sonos app. Hope that helps, driving me mental :(

Did you remove them as surrounds from the Playbar?

So i have replaced my playbar with an arc as the playbar stopped working. It shows system fix required in the room group and when i click on fix the below is the screen which doesn't show the play 1s. When i click on continue it just shows checking system and then can't b find them and check router which i have unplugged and rebooted twice. 

No specific error code

I didn't specifically remove them as surround how do i do that?  Sorry i am clearly a bit rubbish at this..

I didn't specifically remove them as surround how do i do that?  Sorry i am clearly a bit rubbish at this..

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/remove-surround-speakers

And if the Playbar isn’t able to connect anymore, you will need to factory reset the Ones and re-add them to the system.  See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

Userlevel 7

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/remove-surround-speakers

Removing as surrounds not applicable now as the Play:1s have been factory reset.

@Redroseopie - The Play:1 doesn’t show in app even when connected by Ethernet?

Thank you all for your replies,  @jgatie thank you reconnected the playbar and unpaired it worked a charm so happy now. Have a great evening. 

Regards

Claire