Answered

Sonos Play:1 not connecting to new Network

• 2 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I have two play:1s that were connected to a previous system on a previous WiFi Network, they have now moved and need to connect to a new system on a new network. 

I have factory reset them so the LEDs are flashing green but when I go to add the product they do not appear after waiting a considerable amount of time (5 mins) 

There is a Sonos Ray already on the system and works fine, all devices are connected using Ethernet cable to a switch and the switch is flashing green so they are all live. 

Any suggestions on why they aren’t showing up when I go to add the product? Have tried Resets, Reboots and the sort.. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 3 January 2024, 13:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @DanBradley98, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d check to make sure your new network meets our system requirements, as this could be preventing speakers from being added to your Sonos system. 

We don’t recommend Factory Resetting as a troubleshooting step, even when moving Sonos to a new network, so I would advise against further resets. As you’ve already reset the speakers, and if you’ve rebooted your network as well, then I would recommend reaching out to our support team for further troubleshooting assistance, as they have the necessary tools available to assist you with this issue.

I hope this helps!