Answered

Sonos One WiFi Drops Nightly

• 28 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I currently have a bunch of Sonos speakers connected to a Unifi network.  All of my speakers except one work completely fine, but this one specific One drops offline nightly and requires manually unplugging it. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by buzz 28 March 2024, 03:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

First thing I’d do is set static IP addresses for all your Sonos, regular dropouts can be DHCP/IP issues. The power cycle usually renews properly.

If it was RF noise you’d likely not fix it with the power cycle.

It's already a static. Interestingly the Wi-Fi says it was still connected when it was unresponsive.... but it wouldn't do anything nor show up in the software.  I think I may try just doing a factory reset.

Which model speaker? I don’t think that we can rule out a hardware issue. You could experiment with wiring the unit to the network.

Submit a diagnostic while the system is operating normally, immediately after a fail, and again after the restart. Log the confirmation numbers and work with support.

It's the original One. And yes, it may be a hardware issue.  Wiring it is a good idea.  I'll give that a try tonight.  Thanks