Answered

Sonos One SL wont connect to Asus AX5400 or Cox Panoramic Wifi

• 13 October 2023
  • 1 reply

This has been very frustrating. I recently moved and had to change routers. I was using an ASUS router and had zero issues with my Arc, Sub, and two One SL speakers being connected. I can get the Arc and Sub connected just fine and they work great but the two One SL will not connect to my WiFi and I cannot figure out why. Can someone help me with this issue please!? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 October 2023, 11:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TFisher6321 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Asus routers have been known to cause problems for Sonos systems, but settings can be altered to fix them.

Please try the following:

Resolution

Using the Router's web interface:

1. Open a web browser, enter the URL: http://router.asus.com.
  2. On the login page, enter the router's admin username and password (usually found on a sticker on the device)
  3. From the left side menu bar, click on AiProtection > Parental Controls > Time Scheduling.
  4. Turn off "Enable Block All Devices"

Using the Asus app:

1. Download the Asus app on your mobile device (required to perform these steps).
    image.png
  2. Confirm the mobile device is connected to WiFi and launch the Asus router app.
  3. Tap Devices.
  4. Scroll to the blocked Sonos device and tap on it to open a new menu.
  5. Disable Block Internet Access.

Blocked Android device example:
    image.png
  6. Try adding your affected speakers once more.
    Note: You may need to reboot the affected Sonos players.

If this does not work, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.