Answered

sonos one connected by bluetooth - no sound

• 28 May 2023
  • 8 replies

My Sonos one is connected by Bluetooth and plugged in. It is connected to my phone. But when I playing music, there’s no sound from the speakers. I have tried turning it off and turning it on by pressing the manual pause button on the speaker. I can pause the music on my phone, but there is still no sound. This is the case for all three of my Sonos, one speaker what do I do to fix it?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 28 May 2023, 14:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

A Sonos One doesn’t have a Bluetooth connection for music playback. Are you sure they’re Ones? If so, try using Airplay instead. 

I used to play Apple Music from my phone thru a Bluetooth connection to these speakers. It’s now lost that connection. Sometimes it re establishes and sound comes from the speaker. 

most of the time it doesn’t. 

Same problem for the wife

What model phone are you using? What App are you using when attempting to play music on the ONE’s?

iPhone 12. IOS 16.2

Apple Music

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you sure you where not using Airplay?

Sorry - I should have been clearer. 

yes, using Airplay 

Airplay via the Apple Music app

Check the Sonos app itself, to ensure the speakers aren’t muted, for some reason. AirPlay 2 also has a different audio setting, so when AirPlay 2 is engaged, make sure you are adjusting the correct volume.

If neither is fixes the issue, you should call Sonos Support to discuss it.