Answered

Sonos Era 300 Spotify and AirPlay problem

• 25 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a problem with my pair of Era 300.

When I play music through Spotify or through Spotify via AirPlay, the music plays for a while and then shuts off, even though my phone or PC shows that it is playing. 

I've tried unplugging the speakers, closing the Spotify app, or switching from AirPlay, but the same thing keeps happening. Anyone have a similar problem?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 26 February 2024, 14:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Dikon,

I’ve been using Spotify through the Sonos app and through direct control, though not through AirPlay, and I don’t experience the issue you’re describing. There is an issue that we are investigating where when playing Spotify Free, if an ad plays the stream will pause, however the workaround is using AirPlay or Direct Control, which you also mention are having issues.

It does sound like wireless interference would be causing this, so I would suggest checking our support article on reducing it and following the steps listed in there. As you’ve already tried rebooting your speakers, I’d recommend submitting a diagnostics within ten minutes of this issue occurring then reaching out to our support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps!