Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Era 100 PlayStation 5

• 1 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Can I connect my PS5 to the Sonos Era 100 using the Sonos in-line adapter and an adapter that plugs into the front of the PS5? I've seen people do it with other speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@theusualtom 

Even if you manage to get analogue audio out from PS5, I won’t recommend that in combination with the Sonos audio to USB C adapter for video or games audio because you would get a delay of at least 75ms. For just playing audio from PS5 and sending it to Sonos that could work in a satisfying way. 

Hmmm. Is there any reason for this? Would plugging a bluetooth transmitter/receiver into the PS work, and then the Sonos could pick that up? I only want sound through a speaker for casual solo gaming anyway just so I don’t have to wear a headset all the time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Bluetooth is likely just going to add more delay, it won’t make things better.

And Sonos’ software always inserts a 75ms delay on any analog line in, so the input signal can be buffered to play in sync across any grouped rooms. The software doesn’t have a way to turn off that delay, and allow a straight pass through. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@theusualtom

Imo a good option would be to use a hdmi audioextractor on PS5 hdmi output. A Sonos Ray then could be connected digital via toslink to the audioextractor. Era via line in isn‘t made for video / gaming sound. 

Some people got satisfying results via bluetooth, if the source device is able to output bt audio directly. But as far as I know PS5 doesn’t do so. And using some bt adapter with audio convertion before would also suffer from a delay.