Answered

sonos Era 100 not pairing to wifi

• 8 September 2023
  • 4 replies

During setup, my phone recognizes the era and things go well until I get to the step where the Era 100 tries to connect to the wifi. It fails to do so and times out. I’m very tried to factory reset the speaker three times and have unplugged/replugged the router and it still won’t connect. I have speaker directly next to the router and my phone. Also, it asks to connect to the flashing “blue” button on top which never flashes. Any help is appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 September 2023, 02:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Maybe it’s a compatibility issue with the router. What router is it? Do you have any other Sonos devices setup on the local router already?

Oh and I suggest to not repeatedly factory reset the speaker at this stage as it’s unlikely to help and may do more harm than good. I would only reset the speaker as a very last resort. Do you have another router you can perhaps try? (Mobile router/Travel Router etc.) or even a family/friends WiFi/Router? It may help to pin-point where your problems may lie.

I do have a Sonos arc that paired no problem. 

thank you for the suggestions. I don’t have an extra router but will look into finding another router. Weird my arc paired with easily though. 

Yes it’s weird that one device works, but I have seen the issue reported before with some routers. What brand of router is it? If the router has QoS or Airtime Fairness enabled, then try switching off those two services in the router’s configuration pages.

As a further thought, ensure the mobile device being used for the setup of the speaker is not using a ‘low data mode’ connection to the local network and is not running VPN, Firewall, or other security software. It may even be worth trying a different mobile device (if you have one available) and see if that may work for you too.