Answered

Sonos era 100 bluetooth connection to turntable

• 17 November 2023
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey everyone!

I’m having some troubles with my Sonos era 100 and my bluetooth capable turntable a Teac TN-180. 
I have these two devices for a little more then a month now and had no issues pairing them and play my vinyls over BT. 
But from today the two devices are connected and there’s no sound from the era when the disc is playing. 
I tried to unpair and re-pair the devices countless times, and I also performed a reset on the era, with no luck. 
The funny thing is that both are working while paired with other devices, I tried the era with my iPhone and the turntable with a pair of Sony headphones. 

Any idea about what else I could try? Really don’t want to get a line-in adapter since I bought the era 100 and this turntable so that they could work over BT. 

icon

Best answer by mildlyinappropriate 20 November 2023, 12:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7

Press the PAIRING button on the turntable for ten or more seconds until the pairing light blinks. This will clear all existing Bluetooth pairings. Then redo the pairing process with the Era 100.

You should consider using the Sonos Line-In Adapter. This will give you much more reliable and higher quality audio from the turntable.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Press the PAIRING button on the turntable for ten or more seconds until the pairing light blinks. This will clear all existing Bluetooth pairings. Then redo the pairing process with the Era 100.

You should consider using the Sonos Line-In Adapter. This will give you much more reliable and higher quality audio from the turntable.

I tried that many times and no luck. This morning I tried resetting again my era 100 and setting it up again using a different device but with the same result, the two devices are connected but no sound output. 
I’m can only speculate that there’s some kind of bug in the latest software v15.10 that coincidentally was released on nov 16, right before the bluetooth connection stopped working. 
I don’t think there’s a way to downgrade the software of a sonos, so I cannot confirm this. 

I will call sonos support on Monday, sending my diagnostics and see what happens. 

I’m encountering the same exact problem, except with a bluetooth enabled cassette player.

Up until a couple days ago, the cassette player and my Era 100 were pairing just fine. Today, I am attempting to play and, while the Sonos app indicates that the Era 100 and my device are paired (image attached), no sound comes out. When I connect the cassette player to my Roam, however, it functions just fine.

I am able to connect my iPhone to the Era 100 via bluetooth, just not my cassette player.

Let us know how your call with Sonos support goes. I’m curious to know if this is a wider issue.

Same issue for me with a Sony LX310BT turntable and playing over Bluetooth from my Pixel mobile.

Userlevel 2

Exactly the same issue with my Sony LX310BT. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but there’s another one with way more views and replies where it looks things are moving forward. Please refer to this:

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers%2D229128/bluetooth%2Dconnected%2Dbut%2Dno%2Dsound%2D6887160

Exactly the same trouble with my turntable.

I have the same problem with my era100 speaker. I'm able to pair them to my Hous of Marley EM-JT010-SB turntable but from 4 days ago I have no sound. When I pair other speakers to my turntable they work. So frustrating 😫 

Has anyone had a resolution to this? My ERA 100s have been working perfectly fine with my bluetooth record player for 3 months then today they just won’t play sound, they connect but nothing. Both the record player and the ERAs will connect and play with other devices.

Sonas live chat were useless and told me my record player is probably not compatible despite working together for 3 months, if there’s not a fix I’m going to contact to return and refund

Has anyone had a resolution to this? My ERA 100s have been working perfectly fine with my bluetooth record player for 3 months then today they just won’t play sound, they connect but nothing. Both the record player and the ERAs will connect and play with other devices.

Sonas live chat were useless and told me my record player is probably not compatible despite working together for 3 months, if there’s not a fix I’m going to contact to return and refund

Check out the other thread linked above. Sonos are now aware of the issue and are investigating.

No promises on timeframe for a fix as if yet.

A few days ago, chat support originally gave me the same advice before I pushed back and mentioned the online and told me to use the phone support to get the issue escalated. Seems there's a disconnect with information flowing through their organisation to a major customer support channel about what is a significant issue for a large number of Sonos owners.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mildlyinappropriate et al

Thank you all for your feedback on this, we greatly appreciate it. We understand that you are eagerly waiting for this to get fixed, and while we can't give an exact date, we can share that we have narrowed down the issue and internal teams are currently testing a possible solution.

To set the correct expectation for everyone: There will not be a fix released before the year end, since more testing needs to be done to make sure the fix actually works.

While we don't have more information right now, we will of course share any news, in the main related thread linked below, once we do.

I have just purchased an Era 100 after reading hundreds of reviews telling me how great it sounds. It does sound great to be fair. However, the main reason I went for this is so I can connect my Sony BT Turntable to it after years of using amazon speakers without any connectivity issues. To my suprise I cannot connect to my new Sonos Era 100 speaker via BT. This is massively disappointing and not what I expected. Now I either have to send it back or go out and buy adaptors at an additional cost to make it work. Extremely frustrating and not great. Gutted to be honest. Might have to return and go for a Bose or back to Amazon products. 

Your Bluetooth turntable should connect to Era 100 fine. Follow the directions to pair it.

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/pair-sonos-era-100-with-bluetooth

Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s what I ended doing in the end, sadly. I returned the era and changed my entire sonos system for something else that provides more connection options. Main factor in this decision was to not have to deal with future software updates that could potentially break core features like bluetooth connectivity. 

Userlevel 7

Your Bluetooth turntable should connect to Era 100 fine. Follow the directions to pair it.

There is a current problem with certain turntable models (mostly Sony) and the Bluetooth connection with the Era speakers. They pair via Bluetooth but there is no audio. Sonos is aware of the problem and is working on a fix:

Done all that. It pairs perfectly fine. Just no sound. The issue hundreds of others are having. 

Done all that. It pairs perfectly fine. Just no sound. The issue hundreds of others are having. 

I’m guessing you perhaps missed the link mentioned above? Here is the response from Sonos Staff…

It appears that the Sonos engineers are currently working on and testing a fix for some BT profile connections. See the link for further information.