Bluetooth connected but no sound

• 18 November 2023
  • 286 replies

Userlevel 3

I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT) connected to an Era 100. Everything was working fine and easily until yesterday when there was no sound coming out of the speaker while connected. The speaker still connects as soon as the turntable is on. I’ve reset the speaker. The turntable connects and plays audio with a different speaker connected and my Era 100 plays when connected through my phone and computer, just not sure what’s happening now when the turntable and speaker are connected. They were working together as recently as two days ago. 

Jamie A 2 months ago

Hi Everyone!

As some of you have noticed with the lastest update, we are pleased to share that a fix has been deployed regarding the issue of no audio playing when an Era 100 is connected to a turntable.

The update applies to both the Sonos app and Sonos Speakers, please make sure that you update the Sonos app via the App Store or Play Store, then your system by checking for updates in the Sonos app. This update fixes the issue, however if you are still experiencing issues with connecting to your Era 100 we would ask you to reach out to our support team directly

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused in regards to using your Sonos system and we thank you all for your patience while we worked to on developing a fix.

Thank you to all users who submitted diagnostics of their systems as well as providing turntable model numbers which helped us re-create this issue on our end and ultimately resolve this issue.

View original

286 replies

Userlevel 7

You aren’t the only one experiencing problems. Others have had the same issue recently. It may be related to the last software update. Hopefully Sonos is aware of it and working on fixing it soon.

I'm in the same boat with my Sony PS-LX310BT as well, and trying to stream over Bluetooth with my Pixel mobile.

I’ve just bought a Sonos era 100 today to connect my Sony PS-LX310BT and it pairs but no sound comes out of the speaker…

Literally exactly the same situation! I tried all the same things as you with exactly the same results. We even factory reset the speakers with no luck. I'm expecting that the update messed things up - I really hope it's sorted soon.

Completely the same here, same turntable and speaker. 

Mine was working fine until I used Airplay, and then attempted to reconnect the speaker back to the turntable. 

Looks like it’s a common issue since this thread and others have popped up...any idea if Sonos have confirmed they are aware of it?

Userlevel 2

Same issue since last Thursday, Nov. 16th with my Sony LX310BT

Same here, while it worked fine last week…

Userlevel 2

Having the same issue - hoping it's an issue to do with the latest update 🤞

Exact same issue here. Here's hoping we get a fix ASAP!!

Userlevel 1

Yes, me too, very frustrating as I only just purchased the speaker a couple of weeks ago. It was seamless to connect and worked great but since late last week there’s no sound coming through the speaker even though it’s connected to the vinyl player.

Userlevel 1

Heyo! Having the same issue, glad I'm not losing my mind and I'm not the only one with this problem. Dear Sonos, please fix this issue, this setup in my living room used to work perfectly with 2 x Era 100's and Beam connected to Sony turntable via Bluetooth :')

Waiting for an update.

Bought a Sonos era 100 yesterday to connect and listen to Sony turntable… no luck as yet 😢 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dpizzuta

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting! Could I ask you all to please submit a support diagnostic after attempting to connect your Sony turntables to your Sonos speakers and reply here with the confirmation numbers given? 

Please also include which room you were trying to connect. Thanks.

Living room (only room I have with a speaker) - 1240871784

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @dpizzuta

Thanks for reporting! Could I ask you all to please submit a support diagnostic after attempting to connect your Sony turntables to your Sonos speakers and reply here with the confirmation numbers given? 

@Corry P thanks for the support! I just submitted a diagnostic, “603743182”, the room my Era 100 is located is called “Bedroom”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jlewr 

Thank you - I got your diagnostic, but am presently unable to mark your post as “Not Spam” due to the forum software presently having some problems (it was automatically flagged as spam because the system thought the diagnostic number was a phone number).

Thanks to @mildlyinappropriate too!

Userlevel 1

Hi Corey, here is mine.

Sonos Era 100 in the room titled Office.

Userlevel 1

Just to add Corry, this has to be a Sonos software issue as I paired my daughters JBL speaker yesterday to the turntable and it was absolutely fine.

as others say, it seems to be related to an update, the turntable was fine early last week.

thanks

Ian

Userlevel 1

Same here, Bluetooth no sound, seems since last update 15.10. (Sonos Era 300)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks everyone - that’s probably enough diagnostics for now. We are now investigating this issue. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @dpizzuta

@Corry P thanks for the support! I just submitted a diagnostic, “603743182”, the room my Era 100 is located is called “Bedroom”.

Hi Corry. Thanks for the help! I My diagnostic number is 1492620972 in the Living Room

Hi @dpizzuta

Hi Corry. Thanks for the help! I My diagnostic number is 1492620972 in the Living Room

Hi, my diagnostic number is 1661885984 for the same issue in the living room, appreciate the help

Thanks everyone - that’s probably enough diagnostics for now. We are now investigating this issue. 

I am having the same issue, Sony PS-LX310BT not working with 2 Era 100s set up as a stereo pair. 

Won’t bother with diags unless you need more.

Resorting to getting 2 3.5mm female to USB-C connectors to get music back on the go.

Badge

I have exactly the same situation, in addition alexa will not play any music. Does anyone know if we are any closer to a resolution to this? If its not sorted by the weekend I think I'm just going to return my speaker and buy something else...I've only had it a couple of weeks and its basically not fit for purpose. Really disappointed 😞

Same issue with my Sony turntable Lx-310BT since the last firmware Update of my pair of SONOS ERA 100 to 15.10.

It only happens with SONOS, no problem with any of my other bluetooth speakers or headsets

So Frustrating!!!!