Sonos Disconnects from Wifi and wont connect or see Ethernet connection

• 2 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Diagnostics code: 348474538

We are in an open office plan in LA. We have 3 Play 5s and recently after an update they constantly disconnect from the app, stop playing mid song, and wont go longer than 1 to 1 ½ songs with out either disconnecting or not being seen by the Sonos app. We have followed all the troubleshooting on the forums. Unplugged and reset all the devices multiple times. Reset the App and even “forgot the current sonos system” The devices are all connecting over wifi right now but also have a hardwire ethernet connection going into them. When trying to “Disanle Wi-Fi” we get an error immediately. “Wi-Fi Not Disabled Make sure this product is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable. 

They are connected and they go to a swtich in our server room. The IP addresses have not changed, nothing in our network changed. but this last “Software Update” broke the entire system to the point it is unusable and our management is about to explore other options.

Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

‘Nothing in the network has changed’ doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Networks are never stable, both from inside software updates, and external network influences. 

My suspicion is that you have duplicate IP addresses, and the Sonos and some other network device are fighting over a connection. The quick and dirty fix is to unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Once the router has come back up, plug the Sonos devices back in, and they’ll request new IP addresses from the router. Of course, setting up reserved IP addresses in the router’s DHCP table is the longer term solution. 

The sonos systems are on static IP addresses and are connected as I said in the post, to a switch. This is not a home network setup. So again nothing on our system side changed, there was a Sonos update and that is what broke the system. Not a helpful response at all.

You didn’t say so in your initial post, only that ‘the IP addresses hadn’t changed’, which says nothing about the rest of your network at all.  So that wasn’t very helpful, either. 

However, since you’ve provided a diagnostic which only Sonos has access to, I’d recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. For better or worse, this is a community forum, support folks don’t ‘live’ here.

If the IP addresses havent changed and as Istated nothing on the network changed with your thinking it must be a network issue. Again this happened after an update from Sonos not a network change.

Thanks again for doubling down on the snarky response.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

I recommend you talk with Sonos Pro, as they are better suited to deal with your issues.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/sonos-pro

If you are already subscribing, then you should have a support number you can contact.  If not, then maybe start with sales.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Any security devices or firewall settings preventing the Sonos from connecting to each other or to remote servers?

If the WiFi (actually the whole internal radio) won’t turn off Sonos isn’t seeing the Ethernet as working.

Talked with “Sonos Pro” for over 2 hours. All they gave were responses for a home network and not a business setup. Even after explaining our network setup and how these devices have been working seamlessly for years they still didn’t understand that I can’t just unplug the router….

The update that happened through iOS on 7/26/2023 broke our system setup and the only other suggestion was upgrade and not replacement. What a horrible experience both with the devices and through support

We will be taking our business elsewhere.

This issue is not resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I read “upgrade”. Where you using S1 devices with a Sonos Bridge?