Answered

sonos change spotify songs by itself

My sonos is skipping to next song in the middle of a song. I sit and enjoy music and suddenly it just starting the next song

i use sonos and Spotify 

any idea what could be causing this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 April 2023, 19:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Likely to be some sort of interruption between the speaker and the source, but there’s not enough detail in your post to begin to diagnose where that could be.

At the very least, I’d suggest a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reboot before plugging in the Sonos devices again. And give Sonos a couple of minutes before testing, too.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Perfect thanks

i have tried the nerwork refresh. Will monitor closely and then run diagnostics if i continue to experience issues

Did you get this resolved? I am experiencing the same trouble with my system.

I’m experiencing exactly the same issues. I have to say, it’s wearing a bit thin now.

My network is perfect (I would hope so, as I’ve been a network engineer for the last 20 years)  I have tried to isolate the issue by creating a separate network both WiFi and Ethernet, including SonosNet but still the same issue. Resetting the whole Sonos network, rebooting Sonos devices to no avail. 

Playing songs and playlists from both NAS,PC app, iPhone app locally and Bluetooth, is absolutely fine! No skips. Playing songs via the Spotify app locally and Bluetooth is also fine.

I Currently have a flat network. No VLANS, no segmentations. Turned off firewall IPS, punched a firewall hole for all ports and protocols for all Sonos devices. 

igmp enabled/disabled - no difference

Multicast enabled/disabled - no difference 

The next step would be to wireshark trace but It’s not my job to sort your issue out. 

I certainly hope that you’ve submitted a diagnostic after experiencing this issue, and provided the number to Sonos so that they can pass the data on to their engineers for further investigation, with hard data to look at. 

What number, what data? why have you taken it upon yourself to be the triage for all things Sonos? 

The number that is presented to you when you submit a system diagnostic

I also work with lots of engineers, most of whom abhor ‘anecdotal’ bugs, and prefer hard data. As an engineer yourself, I’d think you’d be familiar with the concept of hard data to support investigation in to potential bugs is always a quicker way to get to a resolution, but you’re certainly free to just complain. 

Chris Twigg,

Likely this is the known issue when Crossfade is enabled with Spotify.

I suggest that you complain to Spotify. SONOS simply supplies a free API that any music service can use if they want their service to be available through the SONOS controllers. This is why SONOS offers many dozens of services while competing products only offer a small handful of services. 

Evidently there is an issue with Spotify’s use of the API. I don’t use crossfade and I’m not having any issues with Spotify.

You may have better experiences if you play Spotify via Airplay 2 or using the Spotify client.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What number, what data? why have you taken it upon yourself to be the triage for all things Sonos? 

Why the aggressive tone of voice? This is a user community, so other users reacting is normal.

I’m having the exact same issue now for a week.  Glad I checked this.  I tried all the fixes.  I guess I’ll have to start a diagnostic as well.  

I have this issue on my two speaker in different rooms  when i have played same Spotify playlist on both speakers at different times. Just start playing the playlist on both speaker and the issue is solved without restarting any device. Then you can turn off one speaker again.  

I started getting this problem yesterday.  Just thought it was overusage of the services being used by SONOS when all users started playing new years party lists from Spotify.

I tried enabling/disabling multiple rooms to no success.. I get it to work 100% if I start the playlist from spotify and then send it to the correct speaker

I started getting this a couple days ago as well, haven’t changed anything as far as settings