Answered

Sonos Arc Connectivity issues

• 14 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Recently purchased a Sonos Arc, I installed in on the wall and hooked it up to HDMI and started using it right away. 

we didn’t have any internet yet so I did not set it up in the Sonos app. 

Now that we have internet I tried to set up the Arc through wifi, I tried countless times and it wouldn’t take. 

I tried via Ethernet Cable and was able to add it and create a system, well, for about 2 minutes until it went offline. 

I tried and tried to get it back and it would not locate my Arc. So I factory reset the Arc as per manual by unplugging the power and holding the pair button until the light goes white / orange. 

Now even with the light slowly blinking green I cannot detect my arc on the app unless there’s a Ethernet cable plugged in, and even when I try to set up with an Ethernet cable which I didn’t want to use, it still won’t finish set up. 

My Sonos sub on the other hand, paired with ny wifi connection no issues, sitting in the app waiting for a fricken speaker. 

Arc sound works good while plugged into the TV but I need to add the sub to the sound bar, I tell you… I miss the old stereos, wired in and ready to rock, none of this “add to app” BS.

Please help if you have any suggestions, I’d love to get this system “bumping” 

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 15 April 2024, 01:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@JSmith1991

If you can’t finish setup even lan cabled I suggest to contact Sonos customer support. 
What kind of router and internet connection do you use? Some are not compatible with Sonos. 

I have Telus pure fibre with a boost wifi 6 , my sub woofer connected no issues at all. I’ll have to contact Sonos support tomorrow during their hours. 

Userlevel 7

Hi

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your recently purchased Sonos gear. I’m going to give you some suggestions. Some may sound a bit harsh but it’s just the reality of your situation.

Sonos cannot be properly setup without an internet connection nor can a “Guest” network be used. Regardless as you say you have the sub working somehow you still need an internet connect during the initial setup...no exceptions. Furthermore, there may be updates that will be installed during the process.

Ordinarily, I would not suggest the following but since your equipment is new you have nothing to lose by way of playlists etc.  I suggest you Factory Reset all your Sonos and start the setup process again. Also, reboot your router and delete the Sonos app from your device and reinstall it. Click the link on how to perform a Factory Reset.

Note: This is the only time a Factory Reset should be performed; unless directed to do so.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

You can add your Sonos product back to your system by following the steps in the  Add a new product to an existing Sonos system article or you can create a new system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@JSmith1991 

There seem to be some issues with Sonos and Telus hardware. I suggest to visit the Telus forum (Telus neighborhood) and search for „Sonos“. Some users there told about turning off wifi steering and others told about workarounds to do the initial setup via lan. 
https://forum.telus.com/t5/Home/ct-p/EN