Skip to main content

I have my Sonos Play:1 configured to play an alarm at 6:30 am every weekday. The alarm is set to shuffle a private playlist from Spotify. It worked fine for a few days, but now I can never get it to work, it always plays chime instead. I have no connection issues to the speaker when playing music normally.

I have a diagnostics report from me just testing the alarm at 5:29 pm today. **********

Moderator edit: diagnostics number recorded and removed

I have exactly the same problem since a couple of days back, on Play:1 and One (gen 1)

I have exactly the same problem since a couple of days back, on Play:1 and One (gen 1)

Diagnostic report created.***********
Spotify removed, restarted and the linked again with same result.

Moderator edit: diagnostic number recorded and removed.

Same here I have an Era 300 and two Sonos Ones all of which plays the chimes instead of Spotify playlist. But when playing a song in spotify it works. It isn’t an internet connection issue

Same here with al my speakers: Sonos One, Sonos Symfonisk, Sonos Play:5

Exact same problem. Spotify works when i just start a playlist from sonos app, but not as an alarm and defaults to sonos chime. Problem started when i was away so about 10 days ago. Set up new alarms, different playlists, nothing works. Even set up the whole system completely. Nothing. Diagnostics number ***********

Moderator edit: Diagnostics number recorded and removed

I have been having the same problem; the alarms that are set up to play a Spotify playlist only play the chime and I cannot control which song plays from a Spotify playlist in the Sonos app. Otherwise, there are no issues with setting alarms up from Sonos or Amazon music, it’s only Spotify that doesn’t work.

I spoke for over an hour with a customer service rep yesterday who was very helpful and we eliminated all the possible problems and rebooted and reconnected everything including deleting the apps and resigning into all the accounts and yet the issue still remains that Spotify does not connect properly through the Sonos app. 

I have Spotify Premium and use the alarms throughout the day. 

Hoping to find a solution to the issue here. 

FWIW, I have begun to have issues with Alarms set up for Apple Music Stations.  Some work, some don’t - although the ones that don’t work will play if I simply play them.  If this is what improvements look like...🙄

I just had an online chat session and the issue is finally FIXED! Yay!

This is what we did:

Here's what we going to do now to refresh the connectivity of Sonos and alarm.

1. Please remove or delete any Alarm added to your account.

2. Once done, we are going to reset the Sonos app - Go to the Account menu and select App Preferences. - Select Reset app - Close and re-open the app to finish the reset process.

Then I had to delete the entire app from my phone and reinstall it.

Then log back into my Sonos account.

And that’s it. Now the alarm is playing music from Spotify instead of the chime. I can also navigate the Spotify playlists and select which song I want to play rather than only having it play the first song.

Same situation here. Alarms with playlists no longer work (Roam and Move), instead of the playlist the Chimes alarm is played.

Hitting the physical play button starts the playlist.

diagnostic number: ***************

Moderator edit: diagnostic number recorded and removed

Hi

did exactly what Peptang explained without succes. I also did the whole process but also with removing the service Spotify once, but unfortunately with same result.

Sent a new Diagnostic report: **********

Moderator edit: Diagnostic number recorded and removed

Hi

did exactly what Peptang explained without succes. I also did the whole process but also with removing the service Spotify once, but unfortunately with same result.

Sent a new Diagnostic report: *************

Got it to work now. After Peptangs process, remove all favorites for Spotify in Sonos App. Then add them again, that did the trick for me. Thanks Peptang for sending the solution.

I just had an online chat session and the issue is finally FIXED! Yay!

This is what we did:

Here's what we going to do now to refresh the connectivity of Sonos and alarm.

1. Please remove or delete any Alarm added to your account.

2. Once done, we are going to reset the Sonos app - Go to the Account menu and select App Preferences. - Select Reset app - Close and re-open the app to finish the reset process.

Then I had to delete the entire app from my phone and reinstall it.

Then log back into my Sonos account.

And that’s it. Now the alarm is playing music from Spotify instead of the chime. I can also navigate the Spotify playlists and select which song I want to play rather than only having it play the first song.

Worked! Thanks!

Peptang’s method unfortunately doesn’t work for me, even with the suggested extra of deleting sonos favorites and later re-adding them. Also disconnected and re-connected spotify as a service. Still only chime :(

Peptang’s method unfortunately doesn’t work for me, even with the suggested extra of deleting sonos favorites and later re-adding them. Also disconnected and re-connected spotify as a service. Still only chime :(

Try restart the speaker also. That did te trick for one of mine. 

Omg that did it, thank you Peptang and Mosa, with your combined experiences/wisdom i can now use an alarm too!!!!

Shame on you, btw, Sonos, for f***ing up your app like this.

Got around to trying peptangs answer today, and it worked! Thanks for the help :)

Didn’t work for me and this was first reported in 2021.

Surely sonks can update the app and Spotify and other radio/ music platform alarms will work again? Why is this bug not communicated to us? Can we see a  timeline to fix the bugs on the app?

These speakers were not cheap and seems there is no fix to get this working again.

Same issue