Answered

Sonos Alarm Glitch

• 20 September 2023
  • 1 reply

My sonos one alarm keeps glitching, it’s set to just the standard chime and when it plays it just intermittently cuts out whilst playing the alarm? I’ve turned the speaker on and off multiple times but it’s only been doing this very recently. No other issues with any functions at all.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 September 2023, 16:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If it’s playing the chime, rather than the set alarm ‘station’, that’s a good indication that at that exact ‘moment’, the Sonos is unable to reach the station. Might be local wifi interference , might be that the station is overwhelmed with concurrent requests for new streams. Rather than not play anything, and you missing the alarm, Sonos chooses to play the chime.

You might try a couple of things. First, move the alarm earlier by a minute or two (or three, or four….) to see if it’s their server being overwhelmed by requests for data. If that doesn’t work, I’d try setting up a ‘secondary’ alarm for five minutes earlier, with a zero volume output for that station, to ‘waken’ your local LAN and make sure it’s ready for the alarm command.

Of course, there’s also the idea that you could call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. If you submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of the alarm ‘failing’, they’d have some hard data to look at. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.