Answered

So frustrated: how was a paired Sonos 1 dropped from the pair and now I can't reload and pair it again?

• 27 March 2023
  • 9 replies

I moved. Setting up my Sonos One SL was easy to the 5 MHz band of my wifi. Then I set up the older components: Playbar, Sub and two Sonos 1s ... until one of the 1s was dropped from the pair (and, actually, the whole room), and now when I factory reset it and try to add it back, the app creates a new, parallel room and defaults to the 5 MHz band on which it doesn't work. Can't figure out how to switch it back to the 2.4 MHz band with the other components (even after deleting the One SL so that there would only be one network active). Hepl, please: I'm so frustrated I'm willing to consider alternatives after more than a decade on this platform....

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 March 2023, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I wish that you had not Factory Reset anything because this has complicated the issue. Which controller are you using? S1 or S2? Have you Factory Reset any other players? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wkb206 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I lost my right channel on one pair (of five different pairs). They would not properly unpair after multiple attempts. Factory reset - they are usable as singles…. Now they will not pair as a stereo set.  

What did Sonos Support say, as was suggested in the post before yours?

I have not talked to support yet.

Turns out I had an ARC that was wired rather than wireless and the Sonos “mesh” network was causing some issues because of having the ARCs wireless turned off.  Turning on the WiFi on the ARV solved the pairing issue with the One SLs in the room next to it.

I’m personally not a fan of the ability to ‘turn off WiFi’ on speakers, its use seems to more often cause issues like you’ve experienced, based on posts in this forum. It might be useful in a rack full of Sonos Amps, but it sure gets a lot of folks in trouble elsewhere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

At least add a better description of what the switch does and the consequences of flipping it.

At least add a better description of what the switch does and the consequences of flipping it.

Yes, I agree and to present the user with a warning dialog box mentioning that disabling a devices WiFi adapter ‘may’ prevent it from working correctly when used as part of a Home Theatre setup. Click OK to proceed, or CANCEL. 

Or perhaps something similar, along those lines.