Answered

Single five (for music) located behind me

• 7 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a pair of TruePlay-adjusted stereo-paired Ones in my 12x10 home office on a built-in corner L desk setup in front of me and a little off to the sides about 6 feet apart and three feet away from me on the sides.  I’ve felt the sound was lacking a bit in mids and bass, as expected from units of this size.

I considered adding a mini-sub or replacing the Ones with a pair of Fives in the bookshelf about 10 feet behind me.  I don’t think I have the room for a pair of fives there, so I decided to try one of the Fives horizontally behind me (center of the wall, ear level). Because it is behind me over my shoulder, I’m obviously not getting the full advantage of the sound from it.  I’ve found that adding/grouping my existing stereo pair of Ones on the desk at a lower relative volume adds desired depth and front-sound stage, but a slight yet noticeable echo delay between the two sets.

I put the other five in the family room for music down there.  Would I be better off taking the office five downstairs and pairing it with the other five and trying a mini-sub in the office?  I was looking forward to splitting the Ones and moving them to two different rooms for music.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 7 March 2024, 20:16

View original

1 reply

I would recommend a mini sub over a Five in your office, but it really comes down to personal preference. Sonos does offer returns.  As well, you could try the sub in your office, or bonded with your Fives, or just one of the Fives...lots of options.