Skip to main content
Question

sign in as the system owner loop

I can’t update my app or add speakers that it doesn’t see anymore unless I sign in as the system owner. I sign in and it becomes an endless loop of signing in but never signs me in! 

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Many people having this problem:

Userlevel 1

Im having same problem.  Ive had a sonos system for 7-10 years new components (sonos move) and sonos play 3 components and now the app is acting like it never met me.  I am the system owner and it keeps asking me to log in as system owner

Same very frustrating problem - the endless death loop of sign in as owner.

Me too cannot foe the life of me fix it

Anyone find a solution to this issue? Sonos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it? It solves a multitude of issues...

I’d be tempted to reboot the router as well. 

If you want to, you could call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They don’t inhabit this user forum. 

Same problem! Super annoying. Also have been building my system for a decade and up to nearly 20 Sonos products.  I love the sound, style and portability of Sonos, so I’ve overlooked the often struggling connectivity and backend fumbles and overall poor production and functionality of the App.  I also didn’t find any competitor product better… but I’ve been unable to make changes to my system in 6 weeks because of the App crash, so I’ve really been wondering how many Devialet speakers I can buy with the $$$ I will make if I sell my system.  Gonna try calling one, last timetoday… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Same problem! Super annoying. Also have been building my system for a decade and up to nearly 20 Sonos products.  I love the sound, style and portability of Sonos, so I’ve overlooked the often struggling connectivity and backend fumbles and overall poor production and functionality of the App.  I also didn’t find any competitor product better… but I’ve been unable to make changes to my system in 6 weeks because of the App crash, so I’ve really been wondering how many Devialet speakers I can buy with the $$$ I will make if I sell my system.  Gonna try calling one, last timetoday… 

What issues are you having exactly?

Badge

What issues are you having exactly?

The subject of the thread provides a clue. 

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it? It solves a multitude of issues...

I did, made no difference

Same problem stuck in the loop. Tried everything reset app, uninstall reinstall app. But the issue persists

I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I see everyone has my problem, but there is no fix? Why? Surely, someone knows how to fix this issue?

@Dig221 , what did Sonos Support say?

I hit this recently on adding some zones to an existing customer, the issue was this guy has multiple systems and homes, and therefore different sonos accounts.  There is no way to see the owner login on the system when connecting, so the login he provided wasn’t for this current home, after logging in it would create a loop. After discovering the login was a different account, it worked perfectly.  Log into play.sonos.com, with the account you are trying, ensure the account shows the proper hardware for that location.  Hope this helps someone.

To Sonos Devs, you need to capture these errors and display this info to users, ie: “wrong account for this system” etc, this account is owned by”xyz@mail.com” would be super helpful.  

Badge

OK, folks.  Like many of you I was pulling my hair out for hours but I persisted and somehow it came together.  I took all of the steps mentioned by others (not 100% sure about the order of 3 and 4, but I don’t think it matters):

1. Delete the app
  2. Restart the phone
  3. Reboot the router
  4. Re-install the app
  5. Factory Reset the Sonos Speaker/Device

This is where things failed for me the first 3 or 4 times.  I didn’t see a reset hole or button so I thought all I had to do was unplug, wait a few seconds, replug, and then… bupkis.  So I searched for “factory reset” in the app and a whole new world opened up.  There’s a section of instructions for how to do the reset for a handful of the products which didn’t include mine (Play 1)..  But the last section covered the rest of the older/legacy equipment, like mine. 

The first step is to hit a reset button (in the app).   The next few steps involve an interplay between power (unplug, plug), buttons (press) and the multi-colored, flashing light (watch then act). In my case - all the Play 1 has for a panel is pauise/play and volume buttons, and a teeny light. The sequence for mine and several others systems was to

1. Unplug.
  2. ​​​Push and hold down the pause/play button while plugging back in.
  3. Continue to hold down until the light changes from a dim white to a slowly flashing orange.
  4. Then release and it will continue to flash orange for a couple of minutes before it turns bright green.
  5. Then the app will have you reconnect to your network and log in like the first time.  You should arrive at the page which has you sign in, join an existing system or start a new system..  DON’T SIGN IN.  DON”T JOIN YOUR EXISTING SYSTEM.  Pretend you doing this for the first time (again).
  6. Finally, you’ll do all of the account setup stuff that you did the real first time... and the best part is, you then log in once and no more loop!
  7. Next add  other equipment and as many of the dozen’s ot platforms your heart desires (for me it was Sirius XM).
  8. You’re back in business!

Man, I feel much better,  I sincerely hope this will work for you too, my friends.

That solution worked. Not really what you expect out of such a high end product. So frustrating… but I am up now.