Skip to main content

I love my Sonos system however there is one issue that I find really frustrating. Every time I open my app when i get home, the volume for my Group has reset all the levels equally. I have different speakers set at different volumes in order to achieve the most even sound possible. It's frustrating to have to constantly reset the levels. This makes it harder to justify buying future Sonos as well because the more speakers I add, the more difficult it becomes. Maybe there is a setting I'm missing here? Please help!

•  

This is very odd, my system does not exhibit this behaviour, all of the relative levels on a group are maintained from session to session.

It’s not clear from your post if you’re running S1 or S2, but I’m not sure that makes a significant difference here, but might be useful to know. Nor do we know what device you’re running the controller on, or the OS it is on…..

What I’d be doing is a few things. Hmmm. A couple of them would be combined into one, so let’s say for now just two things.

First, check your Sonos system for any updates, and apply them as necessary. 

Next, try a refresh of your network (and all the Sonos devices, too), by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router has had a couple of minutes to reboot, plug back in your Sonos devices. If you’re running a wired system, start with the device that’s wired to your router, if you’re running wifi only, it doesn’t matter which you start with.

Finally, not a solution….but if neither of the above helps, you may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. 

You might want to submit two diagnostics, the first before you leave home with all the settings the way you want them and the second when you get home and they are wrong.

Give Sonos both numbers and see if they can spot the changes and what made them.

I would like to have a way to save a preset for a set of speakers with set volumes for later recall.  I’d like to build presets for things like work-time, dinner party, sports, full on party, reading background, etc…. I usually set speaker configurations and volumes differently for each of these, and it would be great to just save them as one button push presets.