Answered

S1 speaker can't connect

• 4 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I only use computer to control the S1 speaker and now it tells me that it connects to the speaker but the dialog box stays saying it doesn’t connect to my speaker.  I click under more options and choose connect to existing system and it tells me it connects.  But I can’t get past this dialog box.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 December 2023, 23:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Try wiring both your computer and the S1 speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable.

I was able to get back into Sonos and change the station.  When I try to get to Tune In or Sonos Radio, however, it says, “Unable to browse music--there was a problem connecting to Tunein”.  I plugged the speaker into the router but don’t have an ethernet port on my computer to plug that in.

It might be a bad connection between your computer and the router, but that’s a pretty low possibility. I think what I would do in your situation is , while the speaker is showing up in the controller, run a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of getting that error when you try to play something from TuneIn or Sonos Radio, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.