Answered

S1 App

• 26 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Changed internet to StarLink. How do I connect to S1? I have 2 new Move systems connected to S2 app. I have legacy speakers and a Conn| Amp that I want to continue to run on S1. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 June 2023, 02:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Not sure I understand the question. Generally speaking, when you change routers, you would follow the instructions in the new router - installation instructions FAQ.

Not sure StarLink matters, Sonos doesn’t know where the internet data is coming from, only that it’s there or not. 

Thanks Bruce. I open the S1 app and I get the S2 upgrade pop up. I had all of my older devices working on bell. Replaced with StarLink. Do I need to reconnect speakers and amp to bell then move? 

Userlevel 7

Edit 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Try to set up the S1 system without the S2 system being on.

I’d agree. Sometimes, systems seem to get ‘confused’ when there are two versions present. Unplug/ power down all of you S2 devices temporarily, and do what you need to with S1. Once you’re done, plug in the S2 devices again.

And yes, plug at least one S1 device into the StarLink router until such time as you’re done messing around, it just is easier. There’s no need, however, to bring back up the Bell router.