Answered

Roli keyboard

• 20 July 2023
  • 2 replies

When I connect my Roli keyboard through the NOISE app on my iPad to the Era100 via Bluetooth, there is a latency about 300 ms, which disturbs me. In order to reduce the latency, I bought a C-USB cable which I can connect the iPad to the Era100 loudspeaker.

How do I make sure the signal runs over the cable and will this reduce the latency?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 20 July 2023, 14:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could you please clarify what you are trying to achieve by connecting a keyboard to a speaker?

I’d say that the USB-C connection on an Era can only handle analogue inputs and even then there’s the normal 75ms delay Sonos needs for buffering.

Could you please clarify what you are trying to achieve by connecting a keyboard to a speaker?

I’d say that the USB-C connection on an Era can only handle analogue inputs and even then there’s the normal 75ms delay Sonos needs for buffering.

Correct regarding the USB-C port on the Era speaker.  It’s not designed to be used with digital audio source (despite the logical assumption) but only from analog source via an adapter Sonos provides separately.  And again, there is going to be a delay/buffering from any source because the Era speaker is designed for multiroom wireless audio primarily, not as a stand alone bluetooth speaker.