Answered

Remove the a speaker from one account and connect it to other

• 1 April 2023
  • 1 reply

We have two IKEA symphonic loudspeakers in our house. We have managed to connect both to my wife’s account. But one of them is in my office, and therefore I would like to have this registered on my account. I understand from other topics that I should do a factory reset, and connect it to my account.

But, after I do a reset and install the sonos app, I only have the ability to set up a new system. When finding and connecting to my speaker, and I would like to log into my account in my app, it seems like the speaker is still connected to my wife’s account and I can only log into her account in my app.

Is this because we are on the same wifi or that the factory reset is not enough to remove it from her account?

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 3 April 2023, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @StigMortenNegard and welcome to Sonos Community!

A Sonos Account is equivalent of a Sonos System, meaning that it is not possible to have multiple Sonos Accounts under one Sonos system on the same Wi-Fi network. You can have two different Sonos Systems on the same network though.

In simpler words, and for your situation specifically, what you can do is:

1. Factory Reset your IKEA speaker in your office and Reset the Sonos app on your phone.
  2. While the speaker light flashes green, open the Sonos App and create a new system, using your Sonos Account (not your wife’s) and set up the IKEA SYMFONISK speaker.

The below thread and the responses it received might help you as well.

Important note: 

By dividing to two different Sonos Systems (or Sonos Accounts) you will not be able to group or stereo pair the IKEA SYMFONISK speakers, to play in perfect sync.

Also while on one system in the Sonos App, you won’t be able to control the other.

If you have any further questions, let us know! 🙂