Answered

playbase not connecting to wifi

• 4 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I tried every possible way which has been mentioned on Sonos Website. 

did reset quiet a few times. But playbase is just not ready to connect with wifi. 

it does work well with ethernet cable. However my router is in other room and tv is in living room. Very much frustated as its useless having such an expensive premium brand speaker but cant use wirh my tv. 

Diagnostics number is 1524607294

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 December 2023, 00:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Is this a new fault to an old system? The Playbase was discontinued several years ago. Have you turned off the wifi? 

I guess there’s a slight possibility it’s a hardware issue with the Playbase WiFi adapter but it should still work with your TV regardless, as it uses an optical connection to the TV, especially as you can setup the speaker over a wired connection.

You haven’t explained though if you have added the local router SSID to your Sonos setup. If not then see this Sonos Support document to do that…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

If your problems do persist though, then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App (with the Playbase wired and showing in the App), note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.