Answered

Playbar non connection via wifi

• 9 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Why can I play Sonos radio via the Sonos app on my playbar, also Spotify, but not music from iphone/mac library 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 November 2023, 00:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi 

Three questions….

1. You have never played music from your iPhone to your Playbar?
  2. This is the first time you’ve tried to do so and the process failed?  
  3. This a new issue as you were able to play music from your iPhone to your Playbar in the past?

Thanks for your prompt reply…

1/ correct.

2/ I have tried to connect before to no avail. I understand that airplay isn’t supported with the player, which why I have raised the question about connecting using wi-fi.

3/ I gave up with trying to connect the player to my iPhone/Mac but have just realised that I can use the player to play Sonos Radio via the Sonos 2 app and more lately realised that the speaker is an option when playing Spotify. 

Just thought I’d ask why...

Thanks for your prompt reply…

1/ correct.

2/ I have tried to connect before to no avail. I understand that airplay isn’t supported with the player, which why I have raised the question about connecting using wi-fi.

3/ I gave up with trying to connect the player to my iPhone/Mac but have just realised that I can use the player to play Sonos Radio via the Sonos 2 app and more lately realised that the speaker is an option when playing Spotify. 

Just thought I’d ask why...

As far as iPhone iOS is concerned, Apple only allow playback of tracks stored on the mobile device using AirPlay - so you need an AirPlay speaker to play the music too and then you can group that with your Playbar, an example would be the Sonos devices mentioned in this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/stream-airplay-audio-to-sonos

The alternative is to maybe share your music to your Sonos devices via a ‘shared’ music library held on your Mac and for further details on how to do that see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos