Answered

play:5 gen 1 stopping randomly when playing spotify started from spotify

• 13 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a Gen 1 play 5 that I pretty much only play from Spotify and have been having an issue with it intermittently going quiet. About every 5-10 minutes, it will go silent for like 5 seconds. The music continuous playing on other speakers in the group. Its only this one speaker that has the issue. This has been happening for quiet a while and happens on totally new wifi networks as well so I dont think its an issue with the network. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Support diagnostics 187292451

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 January 2024, 14:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

My son uses two Play:5 gen 1’s which use his routers 2.4Ghz band, rather than SonosNet and I have set his router to use a non-overlapping WiFi channel (channel 1 in his case, but you can use ch 1, 6 or 11).

He has an ISP-provided router (Virgin Media-1GB monthly) and it allows a user to configure the channel-width. So I’ve set it to 20Mhz only for him, rather than the 20/40Mhz default setting, in order to reduce interference and that’s working fine for him and his family. They use the Spotify ‘family’ subscription service and do not have any issues.

They also have a Sonos S2 system setup aswell and that’s not been an issue either with Spotify, but that’s by the by.

So, if not tried already, maybe try these mentioned WiFi changes and see if it makes a difference.

If using SonosNet still go onto do the above, but set the SonosNet channel in the Sonos App network settings to a completely different channel. Also reboot your router and speakers and then let things settle for 20 minutes before testing.

Hope that works for you.