Answered

Play 3s flashing Amber but won't reset

• 28 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have 2 x sonos play 3 and neither of them will factory reset.  Both were working last week, both software updated last week.  But I changed wifi networks and neither would connect,  so I tried to factory reset both. They both flash amber but will not go any further in the process. 

I've tried many times and even left them unplugged for 24 hours but still no go! I see others have had this same issue,  but I don't see any resolutions 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 November 2023, 02:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Factory reset is never the answer. 

Have you tried wiring these PLAY:3s directly to your router with an Ethernet cable?

Yes I have tried that but since it will not factory reset it makes no difference and obviously still doesn't set up.

I had to factory reset both of them only a few weeks ago to get them to connect to my original network.....that time the reset went OK and they both subsequently set up and worked fine. But during that set up they also both software updated (they hadn't been used for about 2 years) ....but when I changed network again- most recently,  they would not reconnect to my new network,  so I tried to (once again) factory reset them ( as all other options had been tried as per sonos instructions) and since this latest update they don't appear to factory reset anymore! So I'm stuck with 2 bricks.....there doesn't appear to be any way to even reload previous software versions as they don't register as set up in the app...

If a Sonos device will not accept a factory reset there’s not much anyone here in the Sonos user community can do about that sort of issue. You are best to contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what they can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.