Skip to main content
Answered

play 3 wont stay connected

• 5 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Our current system consists of a Beam and 2 x one sl in the living room, 2 x play 1s in the kitchen. I’ve tried Adding a play 3 with no success, the play 3 resets and adds to the system but disconnects from the WiFi. I’ve tried adding using a Ethernet cable but this hasn’t worked.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That suggests either a network issue, or even a hardware failure in the PLAY:3. I currently have a pair playing, using S2, with no issues, so it’s extremely unlikely to be a software issue.

The first thing I’d try is a full network refresh. Unplug all of your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up before plugging your Sonos devices back in. 

If, however, that doesn’t solve the whole ‘sometimes it’s there’ issue, while it is showing up in your controller, submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. Including, most likely, if there is a hardware issue. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.