Play 3 was part of surround, its now saying unused and wont configure

• 6 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Also says it can’t connect to WiFi but checked sonos is running on the correct wifi

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PinoS, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I’d be happy to help you all here and it would be best for those having trouble submitting a diagnostic report of your system for better understanding and see what would be best for the setup. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge +2

Hi rowena,

thanks for getting back in touch with me 

please see diagnostic number

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PinoS, thank you for your response and for providing the diagnostic report. Let me help you out with this.

Based on the diagnostic, your Sonos system detected out of sync with your network, some rooms are not showing in the report and one of your Play 3's did not complete the registration.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps, to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection. 

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

Complete the registration of your Sonos Play 3:
At the bottom screen on the Sonos Menu > Tap Rooms > Tap on Sonos Play 3 Unused > Select "In a new room" when prompted > follow the steps on the app to complete the registration.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit another diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.