Answered

Play:3 speakers connection issues

• 6 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I am experiencing issues with my Play:3 speakers - they keep dropping out after they’ve been running/ connected for a few hours. The only solution seems to be to power cycle the speaker and it’s ok again for a while. My system includes 2 Play:1s, 4 Play:3s and 1 Sonos Playbase.

I have tried everything (rebooting my router, factory resetting all my speakers, reserving (fixing) the IP addresses of all speakers, trying different music sources). Always the same result - the Play:3 speakers start dropping out intermittently at first and then permanently off. Until I switch them off and then on again (power cycle). Then they work ok again for a few hours. The Play:1s and the SoundBase don’t seem to be affected. It seems like it might be a memory issue (cache not emptying?) and it only started happening in the last couple of months - previously everything worked perfectly - so I’m wondering if a Sonos update has caused all this? My system is running Sonos S2 and has been perfect previously, so I can only assume it is a software issue.

I have owned these speakers for about 10 years, but I would not expect them to become obsolete as I have invested quite a lot in my system. I don’t want to have to upgrade if the same happens again in the future!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 January 2024, 18:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

As an additional note, I’m not having this issue at all on my PLAY:3s, so I’m suspecting a local issue, perhaps wifi interference .