Skip to main content
Answered

play 3 drops out

• 3 December 2022
  • 3 replies

My play 3 keeps dropping out. It is near my router but drops out constantly. It does not disappear from the controller 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

How near your router is it? It is best if there is at least 2-3ft distance between them.

Also, since it is near, do you have the Play:3 wired to the router or are you using a wireless setup?

Router us about 3-4 feet away from the play 3. Not using cable always wireless. Have tried a factory reset but dud not work as still dropping out every couple of minutes. My play 1 in the dining area is now doing the same thing!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Furballs, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I wouldn’t recommend factory resetting as a first step, as you’ll lose out on valuable diagnostics information that can tell us what the issue is. Dropouts can be caused by a wide variety of reasons, so we’ll want to rule out the simple causes first. 

What music service are you using to play to the speakers? If you try a different service or radio, do you still get the dropouts? Are there are other wireless devices nearby the Play:3 or Play:1? I’d recommend checking out our support article on Wireless Interference and checking the basics in there.

I’d also suggest a reboot of the system, rebooting your Router and Speakers by turning them off for a few minutes then back on. If you’re still having issues, then please Submit a Diagnostics and reply here with the reference number.

I hope this information helps!