Answered

Play 1 won't connect to 2.4 GHZ with TP-Link Archer AX21 router

• 11 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Cannot connect Play1 speakers to Wifi after upgrading internet service to Spectrum Wifi6. Have replaced Spectrum supplied SAX1V1S router.

Can only connect via ethernet cable but router and speakers are used in different locations and I do not want to have one wired speaker. I already have wired speakers; Sonos are for different locations using Wifi.  They are worthless to me if they are not wireless.

Have purchased 2 ERA 100’s but have not tried to connect those yet.

Equipment:

Modem: Spectrum DOCSIS 3.1:  Model E31T2V1

Router: TP-Link Archer AX 21 V4.6

Phone: Google Pixel 7 Pro

Router Settings:

Separate 2.4 and 5 GHz bands with separate SSID’s

Non-Overlapping Channel 1

20 MHz

802.11b/g/n mixed

WPA2-PSK

QoS off

Not using VPN

Have had 3 separate phone calls with Sonos, each over an hour. No resolution. Waiting for email from Sonos for “Level 3” tech support.

Any suggestions?

TIA!!

Dino

icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 December 2023, 11:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve seen Spectrum mentioned here a few times, give the forum search a shot and see if any of the topics help.

https://en.community.sonos.com/search?q=spectrum

Maybe see this old community thread which relates to a similar TP-Archer router…

https://en.community.sonos.com/components-and-architectural-228999/sonos-amp-1st-gen-keeps-on-disconnecting-6872581

Appreciate the suggestions.  Issue with Spectrum is the router that Spectrum supplies, not the modem.  That is why I purchased the Archer AX21, which is NOT on the incompatible device list provided by Sonos (and confirmed with Sonos Support).  It must be some particular network setting. 

Sonos level two scheduling appointments start on December 27!!

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sawdin59 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.