Answered

Play 1 set up issues with S2 app

• 11 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Had a sonos system with 2 play 1 speakers set up at my previous residence. Moved today. Couldn’t connect to the system once I set everything up (yes I have a new internet connection and was unable to connect my old system to it). I reset my Play 1’s. I can see them in the app, I go through the set up and the app says connection successful to the play 1 wifi. Then it is unable to find the device. I have been round and round in the app, restarted my phone a half dozen times, rebooted the wifi and Internet modem. I have unplugged the speakers for 5 minutes and reset them again. No luck. Any help getting music at my new house would be awesome. TIA.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 June 2023, 02:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Connect one of your speakers to your new router with an Ethernet cable. Allow a minute or two for all speakers to recognize they’re now on SonosNet, then you should be able to add your speakers. 

This would have been an easier process if you hadn’t ‘reset’ the speakers, in doing so, you’ve erased any previous settings you had stored on the speakers.

In the future, you should be aware of the new router - installation instructions FAQ.